As you may have heard in the news, IT systems around the world are being hit by a virus called "WANNACRY". This virus encrypts all of your data so you cannot access it unless you pay the ransom. We wanted to post this to highlight how you can help us in protecting your systems. TechCentre implements multilevel security as well as tiered backup systems to combat and recover from such attacks. However, the main reason systems are compromised are due to staff members visiting infected sites or clicking on a link or attachment that directs you to an infected webpage. Even just visiting an infected website can start the virus and no antivirus can be 100% effective, so it is down to the user to combat attacks. Below are a few things you can do to help protect your systems:
1. Your computers should be running Windows 7 or above.
2. Make sure your computer has the latest Microsoft Windows Security Updates.
3. Do not open suspicious emails, even if they are from someone you know, be diligent in what you look at and do not click on unknown attachments.
4. Do not click on any links in an email that look suspicious. If you get an email from a bank you do not bank with, then this is a warning sign.
5. Do not release emails that have been trapped in the spam filter that could be suspicious.
6. Emails that look too good to be true, competitions or requests to do something are also to be avoided. If it is nothing to do with work do not risk it. Emails are increasingly trying to be something or someone else, your latest special offer on dresses, holidays or watches could be a scammer.
If you should require assistance or would like any further information, please feel free to contact us on 0044 1624 665859.